A creamy and filling vegetarian starter for your parties.
Preparation time: 40 mins
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 350g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 100ml single cream
- 375g pack ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and fry the onions until it softens. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and cream. Now remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas. Grease a muffin tin with butter. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and stamp out circles. Press a circle into each hole to line. Roll out the remaining pastry and stamp out circles.
- Divide the mushroom mix between the pies.
- Brush the pastry edges with a little egg, top each with a pastry lid and carefully press the pastry edges together to seal.
- Brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden.
- Allow it to cool for some time. When you serve, you can also have it hot.