A low-fat and fibre rich blend of soup and pasta.
Preparation time: 30 mintues
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1l vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen mixed peas and beans
- 250g fresh filled tortellini
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped carrots and onions until they soften. Add the prepared vegetable stock and tomatoes and then simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the peas and beans. Once it becomes tender, add the tortellini pasta and stir it.
- Return to the boil and simmer for two minutes until the pasta is just cooked.
- Stir in the basil, if using.
- Add grated cheese as toppings when you serve. It goes well with slices of garlic bread.