Sheets of lasagne layered with tomato ketchup, white sauce and vegetables.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Oven Temp: 350F-180 C
- 500 gm vegetables-cooked
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 Tbsp oregano and basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup refined flour
- 3 cups milk
- Lasagne sheets
- 1 cup mozarella and cheddar cheese grated
- Heat olive oil and saute garlic till slightly colored.
- Add the tomato puree, salt, sugar, chilli powder, oregano, basil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Heat butter and lightly brown flour in it. Then add milk, bring to a boil and simmer.
- Make up the Lasagne. Mix together the vegetables with 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, and 2 cups of white sauce.
- Spread a little tomato puree over the base of the dish.
- Line the dish with a layer of the lasagne strips and spread a thin layer of vegetable mixture over it, then sprinkle some grated cheese.
- Repeat these layers, till you have at least 5 such layers.
- Cover the last layer with the white sauce and then dribble some tomato sauce over.
- Sprinkle some cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.